Sharon began drawing and painting as a young girl, inspired by the natural beauty of the English countryside where she grew up. Her first training was in Fine Arts, but her ability truly matured when she discovered Botanical Illustration.
Sharon now lives and works in Edinburgh, and has close connections with the Royal Botanic Gardens. She will be tutoring on the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh’s new Blended Learning Botanical Illustration Diploma from June 2013.
- BISCOT Gold Medal 2013
- RBGE Diploma with Distinction in Botanical Illustration
- HND in General Education (Fine Art)
- BTEC National Diploma in Art and Design
- Work in the permanent collection at the Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh.
- Awarded the Eve Reid Bennet Prize in the first year of my diploma for “most progress in the subject of Botanical Illustration” 2010
Images © S. Tingey